While Lollapalooza grabs the lion’s share of attention from August 3-5, Chicago features many other music concerts and festivals of note throughout August. The warm, blissful summer days create a charming air for music fests, and Midway Hotel Center is a great hub for those traveling to the city for the cultural experience. Our nine hotels are conveniently located by Chicago Midway Airport and the city’s Orange Line. Make your reservations today and enjoy all of Chicago’s upcoming summer festivities. Take advantage of our summer rates at any one of our nine hotels. Book now!
Stay with us for easy access to the following festivals and concerts in August:
- Edge Fest: August 4-5, Edgewater
Good music, local art, good food—namely bacon. Yes, you read that right: lots of bacon here.
- Wrigleyville Summerfest: August 4-5, Lakeview
Mike & Joe and Trippin’ Billies headline this Lutheran Worship fest.
- Ginza Holiday Festival: August 10-12, Old Town
Japanese cultural festival; exhibits, art, stage performances, music
- Northalsted Market Days: August 11-12, Lakeview
Head to Halsted Street and hear acts like Olivia Newton-John, Karmin, and the Pointer Sisters
- Retro On Roscoe: August 11-12, Roscoe Village
Classic cars, local eats, artisan vendors, and 3 main stages for music
- Bud Billiken Parade: August 11, Bronzeville
This 83rd annual parade and picnic celebrate African-American history in Chicago
- Glenwood Avenue Arts Fest: August 17-19, Rogers Park
More than 100 artists, open studios, and 3 outdoor concert stages
- North Side Summerfest: August 18-19, North Center
A hot dog eating contest and live music from local artists are some of the many highlights of this popular neighborhood festival
- The Boulevard: August 24-26, Logan Square
This two-stage festival also touts some of the best craft beers available at any street festivals
- Bucktown Arts Fest: August 25-26, Bucktown
This arts festival is in its 27th year, and showcases more than 200 artists, musicians, dancers, and others